Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://www.twinztech.com/privacy-friendly-website-analytics-tools/
Though many web analytics tools are available in the industry, they are a bit complicated and privacy-invasive. Regarding facial recognition, personal data, and location tracking, the privacy concern list is too long. The same concern goes for online website analytics tools.
It’s essential to choose a web analytic tool that is privacy-friendly as well as hassle-free to use. This article lists the top web-analytics tools that offer analytics services without invading users’ privacy.
A. How are Privacy-Friendly Website Analytic Tools Important?
Here are the top reasons to opt for a privacy-safe website analytic tool:
- Ensures you keep your data safe: Before using your data, these web analytics tools ask for your consent, and even after the consent, the control is in the hands of the user.
- Offers transparent data collection and processing: Private-safe web analytics tools are transparent about where your personal information is stored and how they use it, which minimizes the chances of data misuse.
- Provides data security and protection: Privacy-friendly analytics tools minimize the risk of data leaks and breaches, prevent malicious attacks, and protect your data from human errors. They safeguard your data from unauthorized access, corruption, and online theft.
B. Top 5 Privacy-Friendly Websites Analytic Tools
Here are the top 6 privacy-friendly web analytic tools:
Fathom is a privacy-focused Google Analytics alternative that helps you make better business decisions and understand your web visitors better to generate leads and more sales without compromising your privacy.
They have a simple UTM builder to create and track campaigns to increase traffic. Fantom also offers uptime monitoring for free.
- Provides real-time website insights
- Compliances with GDPR and cookie directive
- Offers to track files through super fast CDN
- Offers to track goals like specific pages or clicks, newly signed-up email lists, and more
- Provides shareable dashboards and password-protected links
- Free trial and all the plans include up to 50 sites, uptime monitoring, ad-blocker bypassing, and unlimited email reports.
- Fantom paid plans start at $14/month with up to 100,000 monthly page views.
Finteza is a comprehensive web analytics tool that tracks and analyzes your website traffic, sales funnel, conversions, landing pages, and advertising campaigns by keeping your privacy safe.
- Offers detailed traffic analysis
- Uses special tools for webmasters
- Offers optimization of conversion rate
- Provides smooth data export feature
- Identifies referral sources
- Tracks real-time traffic sources
- Finteza’s analytical service plan costs around 10 EUR per 100,000 unique visitors.
- Their advertising engine plan is priced at 4 EUR per 100,000 ad zone impressions.
Plausible is an open-source web analytics with no cookies and fully compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and PEC designed in Europe owned by cloud infrastructure. It is one of the top Google Analytics alternatives.
- Reduces your cookie banners
- Provides shareable links to statistics
- Offers password protection feature for shareable links
- Provides seamless integration with WordPress, Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, Ghost, Google, and many more.
- Plausible pricing starts at $9/ monthly pageviews, which includes 50 websites, custom events, email/slack reports, unlimited data retention, 100% data ownership, and unlimited team members.
- You will have to pay for services according to your need for monthly pageviews.
Simple Analytics is a privacy-first web analytic tool that encrypts your data and provides no cookie banners for your visitors.
Their business model is based on privacy protection and complies with all privacy policies, including GDPR, PECR, CCPA, and many more.
It shows you crucial website data such as total viewed pages, referrers, number of page views, screen sizes, and more to better your customer experience.
- Provides a smooth and straightforward interface
- Offers analytics report directly to your email
- Shows you the original traffic-driving referrer tweet
- Bypasses Ad blockers
- Provides easy accessibility to export data in CSV files or aggregates with JSON API
- Offers two modes of operation, i.e., dark mode and light mode
- Simple Analytics basic plans start at $9/month with 100,000 data points per month, a single user, ten websites, and aggregated reports.
- Their business plan costs $49/month, allowing ten users, 100 websites, and basic level export.
- Simple Analytics offers enterprise plans that cost around $99/month, allowing more than ten users, 100+ websites, and faster email support.
Insights is a privacy-safe web analytics and easy-to-use tool for developers. They provide faster-loading speed, page views tracking, and anonymous event tracking for your website to gather as much insight about your brand performance as possible.
- Provides you with a customizable script that refrains you from navigating through multiple reports and pages
- Offers faster performance in terms of page loading speed
- Displays page statistics such as page visits, bounce rates, scrolling rate, and session time without saving your IP data, personal information, and cookies
- Offers transparent services by entering open-source Insights.js code on Github, and you can also view data they collect from your website
- Insights offer a free plan that includes up to 3k events or page views per month.
- Their paid plan starts from $12/month, which allows up to 100k events or page views.
- Insights offer their startup plan costing $29/month, allowing up to 1 million events or page views.
- Their business plans cost around $79/month, which allows 10 million events and page views.
Privacy concerns are increasingly growing all around the world. Privacy-safe analytics tools help you analyze your business numbers better without worrying about your personal and visitors’ data breach.
I have listed the top 5 privacy-friendly website analytics tools that will help you evaluate your website better and safely without getting concerned about data theft or your security.